High-quality promotional videos help raise the visibility of your brand, introduce new products or services and increase sales.
Studies show that video marketing can grow leads by 400%. Promotional videos also help retain your website audience—users tend to stay on your site 2-3x longer if there are compelling videos to hold their attention.
Video and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
One very good reason to be including promotional videos on your website is for its SEO value. According to Cisco, 80% of all internet traffic will be represented by video by 2019—but you’ll need to work it.
Some best practices include sharing promotional videos on your social sites. A video on Facebook gets 135% more engagement than a photo. Experts also recommend including a transcript. Remember that Google ranks on keywords—the search engine needs content to be able to rank a page.
A best practices tip: Brand your video—include your logo and a call to action. Most of our clients load their videos to Vimeo or YouTube. Remember that YouTube is the second most-used search engine, lagging behind only Google.
Getting Started: The Creative Brief
We ask our clients to complete a creative brief at the beginning of every project to identify goals, budget and other objectives. This is a great starting place and we can formulate ideas from here.
Planning Your Promotional Video
- Script. You’ll need to write a script, then review it with our team. Make sure you’ve included an attention-getting introduction, a conclusion summarizing key points and a call to action.
- Timing. We recommend two-three quality minutes. Time yourself and edit where necessary. Use action verbs and short sentences. Slow down and speak clearly.
- Content preparation. Be comfortable with your content so you can speak conversationally to your audience. We can use a teleprompter, but for some, it makes the delivery too stiff. A professional voiceover narrative can also be a good option.
Selecting and Using B-roll
- You’ll want to include B-roll in your video to provide visual variety. It plays in the background behind the dialog and is an important part of telling an engaging story.
- We can work with the client to plan and film customized B-roll.
- The other alternative is to select B-roll footage from stock websites.
Are you ready to create a customized promotional video that showcases your team, brand, new product or service?
Contact Alan Cash Video today.
Please use this form to describe your project and we’ll get back to you shortly with a quote.