Oakland Video Production —
I’ve had the good fortune to be able to film and live-stream meaningful events for the Oakland community and for Oakland families, including:
- TEDx Oakland event video
- UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital corporate event video in Oakland
- Civic Design Lab with Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf community event video
- Ron Dellums memorial service video at Scott’s Restaurant in Jack London Square, Oakland
with Stevie Wonder, Nancy Pelosi, and Barbara Boxer paying their respects to this great civil rights hero.
- Janet Napolitano, President of the University of California and winner of the Israeli Ben Gurion Award, promotional event in her Oakland office
- Kapor Center for Social Impact live streamed event in downtown Oakland
- Impact Hub’s Next City (now Evolve Oakland) event, live-streamed in Oakland
- Local musicians and music concerts at the Islamic Cultural Center of Northern California
- High School live-streamed graduations for AIMS and COVAH College High Schools
- Live-streamed funerals for individuals during the coronavirus social distancing
Alan is completely professional, well-prepared, and has a wonderful artistic eye. His energy around the guests at our event was unobtrusive, yet he managed to find the shots he needed to create a wonderful video, using two cameras. He put in time beforehand to make sure he knew what to expect and to understand what we needed, and he delivered a beautiful record of a difficult-to-film piece of choreography with a large cast. Every bit of communication and all interactions were timely and well-executed. He is the best!!!
Susan W – Oakland, CA
Examples of Oakland Videography Projects
Ron Dellums Memorial Video, Oakland
Impact Hub, Oakland
TedX Event Video, Oakland
Benioff Children’s Hospital Event, Oakland
AIMS High School Graduation, Oakland
Janet Napolitano Promotional Video, Oakland
Personal Life in Oakland
Oakland has the perfect mild Mediterranean climate, close enough to the ocean to give us long, comfortable summers and short winters. We enjoy access to Redwood Regional Park, with over 1,000 acres of redwood forest, chaparral, and grasslands, just a few miles from downtown Oakland. Hiking there is one of my favorite things to do.
The Oakland culture is also strongly oriented toward sustainability, and the city tends to attract green-minded solution-driven businesses.
Oakland has the advantages of the cultural life of a big city but on a smaller scale. We enjoy an unusually diverse population, art museums, theaters, colleges, and a vibrant nearby UC Berkeley university presence. Oakland has its own gritty, artistic, and creative counterculture of motivated and spirited young people.
Oakland is a diverse multi-cultural community with a thriving business community and an ideal location for businesses close to the internationally loved City of San Francisco across the bay. Oakland is a more affordable option than San Francisco, and the city encourages business development with tax breaks, incentives and refunds for small startups. With a well-developed transit system including the Oakland Airport and Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), more large tech companies are incentivized to move to Oakland from Silicon Valley.
Oakland has a rich ethnic heritage with an amazing food culture that is a mecca for new restaurants, possibly the most culturally diverse food scene in Northern California. We enjoy the variety of farm to table, soul food, Middle Eastern & Mexican food, classic sea food and more.
Oakland Video Production Services
During the pandemic we are providing Safe Covid-19 Video Production.
I’d be happy to work with you on your next video event in this city I call home. Learn more about Alan Cash Video and contact me here.
— Alan Cash